We welcomed six interns from February to March.
- Yuito Arisumi of Osaka Pref. Univ. College of Tech developed an AR app that recognizes speech and shows the text near the face using ARCore and Google Cloud Speech.
- Hiroki Yamaoka of Tokyo Univ. of Science duplicated the study on redirected walking using Oculus Quest 2 which enables walking in a VR space larger than the physical space.
- Hiroki Ohta of Tokyo Univ. of Science built an AR glasses for a smartphone using a 3D printer and developed an AR app that allows drawing in midair.
- Naoki Yoshimaru of Doshisha Univ. developed an AR app in which a virtual character walks around the real environment.
- Tomoya Kubo of Okayama Pref. Univ. developed an AR app using HoloLens2 and Azure Speech Services that recognizes speech and shows the text in space.
- Ryousuke Yasue of Okayama Pref. Univ. investigated studies on illusions by the combined effect of vision and haptics.
Everyone, please continue to do your best by making use of what you have gained from your internship!