We welcomed seven interns including the four below from March to May, 2022.
- Tamami Watanabe of Doshisha Univ. developed a system that recognizes the user’s facial expressions and returns different feedback to the character. She also worked on the modeling and rigging of the character by herself.
- Shuhei Yamaguchi of Nihon Univ. developed a system that presents the sensation of walking in a VR space using arm swing and vibration stimulation to the legs. He also conducted a user study in a short period of time.
- Erika Kimura if Japan Women’s Univ. developed a language learning system that displays English words corresponding to movements recognized using accelerometers. (online participation)
- Takeshi Kurokawa of Osaka Institute of Technology developed a system that presents virtual objects of different weights using the principle of pseudo-haptics.
- Naoki Komoto of Kanazawa Univ. developed a support system for the visually impaired that recognizes objects from a scene and reads out the color of the largest object.
Everyone, please continue to do your best by making use of what you have gained from your internship!